11 simple website statistics that will transform your website
By Patrick Hanus on May 5, 2020
Rank #1 on Google! (or close to it)
95% of people only look at the first page of search results
The first page of Google is really all that matters. If you don’t make the first page of google, you’re missing out on thousands of impressions and clicks-throughs to your website.
- This is why people focus on SEO
- Google ranks you based on the quality of your website and content
50% of clicks in search engines are of the top 3 results
To go even further, getting in the top 3 Google results is key. Keep in mind this doesn’t include ads. Most people skip the ads. If you can get on the top of the search results page, you’ve just gotten the best billboard money can by.
- Find ways to differentiate your meta-
Make your website beautiful
Let’s face it, we all judge books by their covers.
Even beautiful women use makeup. Don’t sell yourself short. An attractive website is like an attractive house. It sets the tone for how people see you.
75% of website credibility comes from design
Design matters when you are trying to impress website visitors. This is especially true if you have a high-value product like medical supplies or home remodeling products. Your website is a reflection of the work you do.
You have to take your design into account. This doesn’t mean you need a $30,000 website. It means you need to be intentional about what your website looks like and how easy it is to find what you are looking for.
- The first thing your users see when a page loads should make sense.
- Make sure text is an easy-to-read color and size.
- Make your homepage crystal clear.
- Your design should fit your industry.
89% of consumers shop with a competitor after a poor user experience
Most people will go somewhere else if their needs aren’t met. A “User Experience” is basically how your website visitors interact with your website. For some, your website might be the only place your customers experience your business. You need to remove all the problems or glitches from your website. I promise you, it will be worth the investment.
- Users should be able to contact you in one click.
- Your contact form should be easy to access.
- Don’t ambush your users with annoying pop-ups.
74% of users are more likely to return to mobile-friendly websites
Mobile users ask a lot of the websites they visit. Most of your users are on mobile phones to begin with. Make sure you’ve accounted for them.
- Use LEGIBLE typography (fonts that are easy to read).
- Make your layout simple.
- Strive for wicked fast load speeds.
Make your website fast
This is a really easy way to make your make your customers happy and rank #1 on Google. Make your website load in 3 seconds or less.
83% of people expect a website to load in 3 seconds or less
Did you know that Google factors page speed into how you rank in Google searches? Patience for people is dwindling; they won’t wait for you to get your act together.
- You can test how fast your website is on sites like https://gtmetrix.com or https://testmysitewithgoogle.com
- Check out what is taking so long by using the Developer Tools in Google Chrome Tools.
People spend 78% of their internet time on mobile
Most internet time is spent on a mobile device. Think about what your users are doing. Mobile users are far more likely to be on bad internet connections or in a rush. They don’t have time for a giant panorama image to load. They want to get what they need and get out.
- Compress your images.
- Don’t use too many images.
Make your content great
“Content” might seem like a vague term, but it includes anything on your website that someone can consume. It might be titles, descriptions, copywriting, images, white-papers, blogs, or videos.
Good content is media that people love because it helps solve their problems.
Over 75% of internet users say they read blogs regularly
Most people on the internet are reading blogs. Blogs are how people find answers, and people are looking for answers all the time. If you can help them find what they are looking for, they will remember you. Blogs are a great way to be found in Google searches.
- Write blogs about things your customers are already asking you.
- Spend time making sure the quality is great.
- As a CEO or owner you have specific knowledge that is useful to your audience.
Content marketing gets 300% more leads than paid search advertising
Content marketing is creating content that is useful to your customers and clients. It proves to them that you are helpful and that you know what you’re talking about. Paid search is not as effective as content marketing.
- Paid search is annoying to a lot of users.
- Content marketing builds trust with your audience.
- Content includes things like PDFs, cheat-sheets, how-to videos, or tools your audience can use to be more efficient at work. SOLVE PROBLEMS.
20% of people will read the text, but 80% of people will watch a video
Most people can’t help watching a video. Videos are a game changer. Start figuring out how you can include video into your marketing strategy. Making your own video show is a great way to provide great content.
- Delete unnecessary words and text.
- Find places where a video can explain things better than text alone.
Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs
Video helps you rank higher on Google and other search engines! Video seems like something everyone knows is good for their business, but I don’t think they understand the gravity of how it can transform your SEO.
- Make your videos short and about something your customers care about. (Most people don’t actually care about your company and how you got started. They care way more about how you can help them solve a problem.)
- Start with something simple shot on your iPhone, don’t try to overdo it.
- Write a short script and then MEMORIZE it. Don’t try to read it off, it looks tacky.
Don’t get fooled by website statistics
Here’s the most important thing you have to remember: stats are not real. Stats can be manipulated to do whatever you want them to do. You need to be able to look at statistics and recognize how they impact your website and marketing in a practical aspect.
These are some helpful numbers that help us understand how people behave.
Look at your own data too! Your website may be getting it’s own numbers that are different than the industry averages.
If you have any questions you’re always welcome to shoot us a message!
Peace,Back to the blog
Free marketing tips, just like this.
Members get new posts sent exclusively to their email before anyone else.